Breastfeeding is the best way for a mother to nourish her child
Breastfeeding is the best way for a mother to nourish her child because it also lets them build and strengthen their life-long bond. But did you know it also offers moms numerous benefits? Here are some of the reasons why breastfeeding is best for moms too!
- It helps the uterus return to its normal size and the oxytocin released during latching helps the uterus contract, reducing postpartum bleeding.
- It lowers the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
- It reduces the risk of endometriosis.
- It also lowers the risk of iron deficiency and anemia, as it causes a menstrual pause.
- It can lower the risk of developing high cholesterol.
- It can be an effective birth control.