This pasta recipe is terrific for pregnant women. The iron in the pasta helps fight fatigue, and the spinach provides folate, which helps protect your baby’s brain and spine. The recipe also contains DHA, an omega-3 fat crucial for the development of your baby’s brain and eyes.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1. Boil the pasta in a pot of water. Just before the pasta is done, set aside ½ cup of the water used to cook the pasta. Drain the pasta and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, place the olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the red capsicum and cook for four minutes, until soft.
3. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for one minute.
4. Throw in the spinach and reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan for two to four minutes, but lift the lid to stir a few times until the spinach wilts.
5. Add the beans, chicken stock, and rosemary herb to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for five minutes.
6. Add the ½ cup of the pasta water that you've set aside to the pan.
7. Add a ½ cup of the pan's mixture to the pasta you've set aside and stir to coat.
8. Divide the pasta among six plates and top each portion with an even amount of the remaining mixture in the pan.