One serving of Sweet-and-Sour Chicken contains almost half of your daily requirement of DHA, an Omega-3 fat which helps support your little one’s brain which is developing rapidly during the nine months of your pregnancy.
This recipe is also a great source of choline, essential for brain development. A single serving provides almost a quarter of your daily requirement. It contains plenty of vitamin B6, which may help ease your morning sickness. It’s a
Prep Time: 11 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total time: 5 hours and 11 minutes
1. Coat the inside of a 4-6 liter slow cooker with cooking oil.
2. Reserve one cup of pineapple juice and set the pineapple chunks aside. In the slow cooker, combine the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and reserved juice. Whisk until smooth.
3. Add the chicken, capsicum, onion, and carrots. Stir to coat with sauce.
4. Cover and cook on the low-heat setting for five to six hours.
5. Stir in the pineapple chunks and cook for five minutes.
TIP: If cooked on high heat, total cooking time can be reduced to 2 ½ or 3 hours.
And from each serving you’ll be providing your baby with: