What’s happening in week 32 of your pregnancy?
• Your baby is getting into an upside-down position for the big day of his birth! You can continue supporting the growth of his body by eating more protein-rich food.
• Your baby’s hair is still growing and not just on his head. He is growing eyelashes and eyebrows as well.
• Your little one weighs a good four pounds (1.8 kilograms) and is now 18 inches (45 centimeters) from head to toe.
How is your baby’s brain developing?
• Your baby’s cognitive skills and brain development is on the rise, and it’s helping him to get better at sensing the world around him. He might even start making faces when he senses a strong smell.
• Fuel your baby’s brain growth by eating foods rich in omega-3 fat, DHA, during pregnancy.
What pregnancy symptom might you experience this week?
As your baby shifts into an upside-down position, his head may press on your sciatic nerve. This may produce tingling or sharp pains in the lower back and legs – a condition known as sciatica. Ease the pain and have a comfortable pregnancy with these tips:
• Take a warm bath or use a heating pad on your lower back for relief.
• Exercise. Pelvic tilts can loosen and relax the muscles, releasing the pressure and alleviating the pain. Swimming is also an optimal and relaxing exercise. Remember to consult your doctor before doing any exercises during your pregnancy.
• Get off your feet. Lying or sitting can shift and relieve the pressure on the sciatica nerve.
Mom’s Tip of the Week
When you lie down or sleep, do consider getting an orthopedic pillow designed to take any additional pressure off your back and ease sciatica.